Subscribing to our Tax Fee Protection Service means that:
You have protection for fees we incur dealing with an HMRC enquiry.
Ensuring you have the best possible defence.
Helping you to avoid having to pay additional tax.
As we are all aware, the post Covid world has put pressure on finances, especially those of the government who paid out millions of pounds in support. Consequently, there is an even greater emphasis on HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) to bring money back into the Exchequer through an increase in the number of tax enquiries they undertake. From this point of view the following measures have been put in place:
- £79m of further Investment into HMRC to recover £725m in unpaid taxes over a 5-year period.
- 2,500 additional HMRC compliance staff in 2022/23.
- 30 plus digital sources being integrated including banks (UK and offshore), credit card transactions, social media, the DVLA and licencing authorities, as well as estate agents and the Land Registry.
We recommend that you get protected
Our normal annual fees do not cover the additional professional costs of handling tax enquiries and compliance checks. We therefore strongly recommend that you are protected against these unexpected costs by subscribing to a Tax Fee Protection service.
We have partnered with Vantage Tax Fee Protect Ltd who provide a competitive and thorough fee protection service. You can view a sample Summary of Service here. You can also see FAQ’s here.
As an additional benefit this protection provides complementary telephone access to employment, health & safety and general legal advisors.
What will it cost?
The service starts on 1st January 2024 and ends on 31st December 2024. The annual charge is set out in the table below:
- Limited companies (including personal tax returns of directors, spouses/civil partners where prepared by us)
- Partnerships (including personal tax returns of directors, spouses/civil partners where prepared by us)
- Sole traders / personal tax clients with gross annual rental income over £50,000
- Personal tax clients not already covered by one of the above
Click on the form below to make an online payment. Alternatively, call the office on 01242 226789 to make a payment over the phone.
Fee Protection Form